Monday, July 6, 2009

RJ's Playroom!

Hi! I hope you had a terrific Holiday weekend!! Ours was busy with 2 BBQ's and painting! It seems like I always get in the mood to paint during the 4th of July holiday! It happens almost every year!!! This year we decided we wanted to paint RJ's playroom. This room used to be his bedroom with his crib, but we moved him to another room and into a "big boy" bed. His old bedroom was yellow and green with a cute Froggie wallpaper border. Well, RJ took care of parts of the border when he was able to stand up in his crib. Note: don't put wallpaper at chair rail height where little hands may be able to reach it!! Needless to say, his crib was moved away from the wall! So the wallpaper was way overdue in coming down. As I was looking on the internet for different ideas for colors, I came across a room that showed horizontal stripes with a white stripe in between. I wanted to make this room bright and playful, so I turned to my Stampin' Up! colors. I picked Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, and Green Galore. I brought my cardstock up to Home DePot, and they color-matched the paint!! I painted all the Bashful Blue and Green Galore trim, and my husband did all the rest. He did a great job! I am so happy with how it turned out! Paint makes such a big difference!




I will be back with some stampin' projects for you soon. I have my stamp club on Friday evening, so I will share those projects with you at a minimum. Still looking for 2 stamp club members! If you are interested, please let me know. I will forward the details to you! We start this Friday and will meet on the 2nd Friday each month over the next year (10 months total).
Take care and have a wonderful week!
Karen


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,
That is awesome! What fun colors!
- Becky

Rubber Ducky Chronicles said...

I LOVE this room! Fabulous colors! Lucky RJ!