Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Soft Suede Vintage Vogue

Hi! Here is another card that we stamped at my Friday Night Stamp Club. And we will be also stamping this card at my Day-Time & P.M. Stampin' Classes. It's so pretty. I first created this card at my downline, Sally's class several weeks ago. The original idea for this card comes from Shannon West from Stampin' Up! on Stampin' Connection (community for Demonstrators only).

The important part to remember on this card is to stamp the images first in Soft Suede BEFORE you emboss the flower, so that you can see the stamped image under the embossed image. It's such a pretty card!! After you emboss the flower, take a sponge dauber with Soft Suede ink and lightly dab the ink around the flower to create a soft look. Then wipe the embossed image with a paper towel or tissue to wipe off any ink. Now I created a Sympathy card here, but you can change the sentiment for your needs. I just thought it made a nice sympathy card...soft and simple!

Below is the inside of the card. I thought it was so pretty, I just had to take a picture of it!! I stamped "off" the floral twice on scrap paper before stamping on the Very Vanilla cardstock for a lighter image. The greeting is stamped in full color. Nice little touch, don't you think?


Supplies:
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Very Versatile (retired, for the greeting)
Ink: Soft Suede, Versamark
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge Daubers

So elegant, but so simple!!
Take care,
Karen

No comments: