Sunday, September 7, 2008

Grandparents Day

Hi! Did you know it was Grandparents Day today??? I didn't want to post this until my parents received their little treats. RJ and I went over to my parents this afternoon to visit and have dinner while Joe was watching football all day. Today was the beginning of football season. Well, actually, there was a game on Thursday night, but the season isn't really official until the Dallas Cowboys play! And yes, Dallas won today! And we are all happy!

Ok, on to the projects. For my mom's treat basket, I cut the basket from my Big Shot in Real Red CS. I "sandwiched" Peppermint Patties between 2 scallop circles. This was a very simple project!

Supplies:
Stamps: Doodle That (retired)
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Big Shot, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon

For my Dad's treat, I cut the Top Note from my Big Shot twice...once in Chocolate Chip CS and the other in DSP. And no, you are not seeing a typo. That's how my Dad likes to spell his name! I folded the Top Note in half. I printed "Granpa" on Ivory and punched it out with the Word Window Punch.
Supplies:
Stamps: Wanted
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, DSP (retired), Ivory
Accessories: Big Shot, Star Punch, Word Window Punch, Medium Cello Bag

See you on Monday!
Karen

No comments: