Here are some simple instructions on how to do this technique. You have to try it!!
- Take a small piece of wax paper and "crumple" it up into a ball.
- Flatten it out.
- Take a piece of GLOSSY cardstock and "sandwich" the flattened "textured" wax paper in between 2 pieces of GLOSSY cardstock, so that the glossy side is touching the wax paper.
- Get ready to iron!! Settings on iron need to be high heat, dry heat. No steam.
- Lay a piece of copy paper on your ironing surface to protect your surface. Lay the glossy cardstock/wax paper "sandwich" on the copy paper and top it off with another piece of copy paper to protect your iron.
- Iron "sandwich" for 10-15 seconds.
- Take the glossy cardstock and you are ready to add some color. I used my Sponge Daubers to add some color with my ink pads. You can also use a rubber brayer or sponge.
- The wax resists the ink and you have created a unique background!!
Here are a couple of samples for you using the "crumpled" Wax Paper Resist Technique.Supplies:
Stamps: Extreme Guitar, Just Jawing
Ink: Basic Black, Brilliant Blue
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Basic Black, Glossy White
Accessories: Wax Paper, Sponge Daubers, Large Star Punch, Star Punch, Dimensionals
Stamps: Scary Skeleton, All Holidays
Ink: Basic Black, Lovely Lilac
Paper: Green Galore, Basic Black, Glossy White
Accessories: Wax Paper, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals
Have a great day!