Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Grad!

Hi! Do you have alot of graduations/graduation parties to attend this year? My family has 4 graduations this year...2 college, 1 high school, and 1 grade school. It's an exciting time!!!

Since it is the time of year for graduations, I thought I would create a Graduation card for my monthly classes and stamp club. When I saw this Happy Grad stamp in the Summer Mini Catalog, I knew it was perfect. I love the little inspirational sayings! It's perfect for a High School or College Graduation!! The background was created from the Backgrounds I Texturz Plates. It adds a mature feeling to the card.

I wanted to share with you how I inked the image on this card. I first inked up the entire image image with Soft Suede ink. Then I took a Blender Pen, and took OFF the color from the words, Make a Difference & Stand Strong. Then I used a Bermuda Bay Marker to "ink up" those words. It's really simple!! Or you can take Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay Markers to "ink up" the entire image. So either way will work!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Grad
Ink: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay Marker
Paper: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Backgrounds I Texturz Plates, Big Shot, Large Star Punch, Star Punch, Silver Brads, Blender Pens, Dimensionals


Since the theme for this blog post is Graduation, I wanted to share with you some pictures of the special graduates in my life. First is my niece Lori!!! I still remember the day she was born!Can't believe she is graduating from High School! Lori has received a full-ride scholarship to a University, where she will be playing soccer! Congratulations Lor!!



Next up is my niece, Mary Beth!! She graduated from Grade School last night. She has grown into a beautiful young woman. I wish her the best in her High School days!! Congratulations Mary Beth!




One of my favorite quotes/sayings...

Always reach for moon. If you don't make it, you will find yourself amongst the stars!!
Congratulations to all the graduates out there!!!
Karen

No comments: