Friday, August 21, 2009

Sanding DSP!

Hi! For our demonstrator meeting this past Saturday, I demo'd a technique where you lightly sand an embossed image on our Designer Series Paper. Here are a few samples I created:

Below: I used the Manhattan Flower embossing folder on Bella Rose DSP (retired), then sanded the image with a sanding block, then cut around the rose. Cardstock is Whisper White and Close to Cocoa. Best Wishes is heat embossed with White Embossing Powder.

Below: I used the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder on Rose Red Patterns Designer Series Paper. Image is lightly sanded with a sanding block. For this card, I punched an oval out of the DSP for the image, then created a scallop oval frame. The sentiment is stamped on the front of the Whisper White card.

Below: This was the make & take that I created for the meeting. Same details as the card above, except that I used the Thoroughly Modern DSP.

This technique works best on our DSP because it has a white core. Stampin' Up's regular cardstock is color all the way through, which is great! But...you could swipe some ink across the cardstock on the embossed image. Hmmm...gives me a few ideas!
Hope you liked these samples! We will be creating this same technique at my Stamp Club and Day-Time Stampin' class in September!
Have a great Friday! I received some great swaps at our meeting last Saturday. I will be sharing those in the next 3 days!
Karen

No comments: