Sunday, August 2, 2009

Last card of Stamp-A-Stack

Hi! Happy Sunday! I hope your weekend was a perfect one for you! I hosted my Stamp-A-Stack on Friday evening and Saturday morning. I wanted to thank my stampin' friends for joining me! I had a great exhausting time, and I hope you enjoyed making the cards! Your stampin' friendship means so much to me! I enjoyed chatting with all of you!

Here is the final card that we stamped at my SAS. I used the Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper. The colors listed in the catalog for this DSP are Old Olive, Orchid Opulence, & Rich Razzleberry. But I thought Pale Plum went much better for the sheets of DSP that I was using on this card. By the way, I'm looking at the catalog right now, and I don't even see the striped DSP (in the first sample) shown in the catalog under the Cottage Wall DSP on page 160...weird!! So I'm not sure what is going on. Am I missing something?? Anyway, back to the card...I used Pale Plum and Old Olive markers to ink the solid flower image in the background. But I did "stamp off" first before stamping on cardstock. I wanted a more muted look in the background to make the big flower pop out.

Inspired by this card created by anamarie on SCS. She has a great gallery.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flower Fancy, On Your Birthday
Ink: Pale Plum (marker and pad), Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive (marker and pad)
Paper: Confetti White, Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, Old Olive, Cottage Wall DSP
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Little Leaves Die, Big Shot, Dimensionals

Have a great day!
Karen


1 comment:

Nessastamps said...

Hi Karen, I just stumbled across your blog tonight and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. You are one talented stamper!