Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Clean & Simple cards and a scrappin' good time!

Hi! I didn't get a chance to stamp last week, but I made sure I started my week with a little bit of stampin'! Here are a couple of very simple cards that I wanted to share with you. I was inspired by this blog post on the Clean & Simple Blog.

Supplies:
Stamps: Holidays & Wishes
Ink: Perfect Plum
Paper: Whisper White, Barely Banana, Perfect Plum

Accessories: Texturz Plates with Big Shot, Soft Subtles Buttons, Thread, Corner Rounder, Dimensionals

Supplies:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Florals (love this set!!), Hugs & Wishes
Ink: Chocolate Chip, White Craft
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral
Accessories: Paper Piercing Tools, Paper Snips, Dimensionals

I had a great time this past weekend! I went away with my friend Kelly for a scrappin' weekend! We didn't go very far (only about 20-25 minutes from home), but we got to spend 2 nights in scrappin' heaven!!! There were about 20 of us at the retreat center. We had a great time and I got alot of things done with my scrapbooking. One of the albums that I worked on was for our Dallas trip that we went to in November 2007. We went to Dallas with our friends, Greg & Kelly, to see a Dallas Cowboys game! It was a blast! The guys were in heaven. We hope to go back in September for the opening game at the new stadium. We have a deposit down for this game, but if the economy doesn't turn around soon, I might be the one staying at home this year. :( So say a little prayer that things get better! :) If you want to see the Dallas Cowboys new home, go here. It is absolutely incredible!! When we were in Dallas in 2007, Joe & Greg took a drive-by tour of the new stadium construction site. Words can't even describe the construction going into building this structure! You can fit the Statue of Liberty inside and it will not touch the top. It just gives me goosebumps when I think about going to opening game in this new stadium. Can you imagine the energy and atmosphere that day? And I thought the excitement and energy at the old stadium was incredible! The entire town is painted in blue and silver!

Here is a picture of a couple of pages that I scrapped this weekend, but I can't take credit for the football field. I wanted some paper that had a football field on it. I didn't have any, so Kelly said, "why don't you make one?". I said,"Brilliant!" So thanks Kelly for the idea! I love it! Ok, here is are the pages...please excuse the tired eyes! We were the very last ones to bed both nights!
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you visit again!!

Karen

1 comment:

Linda & Teri said...

Karen, it looks like you had a good time at your scrapbook retreat. I hope you got a lot done. We definitely have to get together and crop!!