Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stamp Club Project #1

Hi! When I attended Stampin' Up's annual convention back in August, I purchased a DVD called Workshop WOWs. This DVD included many live presentations by demonstrators, that were taped at various SU! events through this past year. I was inspired by many techniques that were shown. The following card shows a technique called Magic Pastels. This card is very similar to the sample shown on the DVD...with a few tweaks here and there! :)


Here are the directions for the Magic Pastels Technique:
  1. Stamp your image in a light color. For this card, I used Sahara Sand.
  2. Using your Pastels applicators, color your image. The uglier the better!! (Q-tips actually worked better for me!)
  3. Next, you will need to use your Stamp-a-ma-jig and stamp your image again in a darker color, directly over the top of the Sahara Sand image. For this card, I used Chocolate Chip.

So there you have it! It's quite easy!

This was one of the 3 projects that we stamped at stamp club on Friday night. I think the ladies had a great time! There was ALOT of laughter going on! Stamp club is a great stress-reliever for many! After a long week of work or whatever, it's great to relax and stamp, and enjoy an evening with other stampers!!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a great week! And if it's not?? Make it a great week!

Karen

No comments: