Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Special Gift for a Special Someone!

Hi!!  A special friend of mine is celebrating a special milestone birthday.  Her party was on Saturday, and she insisted on "no gifts", but I couldn't resist making her something!!  So I made her a notepad holder with Stampin' Up's clear stamp storage cases.  These are great to keep in your purse or even in your car, for when you need to jot down a little note or something.  I also included some post-it notes on the inside front cover.  These are so easy to create, and such a nice gift for that someone special!!!

Happy Birthday Carol!!
I also created a coordinating card for her!

Supplies:
Stamps: On Your Birthday
Ink: Markers: Wild Wasabi, Pacific Blue
Paper: Pacific Blue, Whisper White, Beyond the Garden DSP
Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Big Shot, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Rhinestone Jewels

I love how this turned out!  I also baked a little treat for her...Pie in a Jar!!!!  I have been making these little pies like crazy!!!  I have several in the freezer just waiting to be baked for when I get a little craving!!  I love the peach ones!!!  I warm mine up in the microwave, then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top...heavenly!  You can make your own pie crust and your own filling, but that's just not for me at this point in time.  So I went with the refrigerated pie crust and canned pie filling and it was delicious!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Karen

1 comment:

Jodi said...

What a great gift idea when you're given the no cards, no gift. I got by with that for making my bowl of cherries non birthday card to bring to my friend's birthday get together. Just can't resist bringing a bit of something.