Monday, February 15, 2010

My "Go-To" Layout

Hi! If you follow along in blog land, you sometimes hear stampers going to their "Go-To" Layout. Well, if I had to name my "Go-To" Layout, the following card would definitely display mine. I love this layout! I think I first saw this layout on Kristina Werner's blog. The dimensions work out so well when cutting cardstock. So when I saw this card on Dawn's blog, I absolutely loved her card and I knew I had to create one similar. I love how she used an embossing folder to add texture to her base cardstock. Love it! Love it!! Love it!!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Well Scripted
Ink: Old Olive
Paper: So Saffron, Old Olive, Whisper White, Georgia Peach DSP (retired)
Accessories: Butterfly Embosslits, Elegant Bouquet Emboss Folder, Big Shot, Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Corner Rounder, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I have more cards using this same layout to share with you this week. So now it's your turn. Create something using this same layout. It's fun. Let me give you a few dimensions that work out so well when you are cutting 8-1/2 x 11 and 12x12 cardstock.

For this card:
So Saffron: 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
Old Olive: 4-1/4 x 3
Whisper White: 4 x 2-3/4
DSP: 4 x 1-1/4 (when cutting for a class, this "4" dimension works great when cutting a 12x12 sheet of DSP)

Have fun with this layout!

Karen

1 comment:

Dawn O (dostamping) said...

Thanks Karen! I also first saw it from Kristin. It's one of my go-to layouts as well.