Friday, June 12, 2009

Thank You to VBS!

Happy Friday!!! Today was our final day at Vacation Bible School. RJ had so much fun this week, but he was exhausted!!! I can see why 3-year olds do not go to school every day!!! It was exhausting for him (and me!) to get up early and be on the go every day this week. We are not used to that!!! They had their little service last night at the church. ALL the kids (over 300 kids of various ages) sang their songs for their parents and loved ones. It was really cute. They all processed in, beginning with the 3's. Unfortunately, RJ did not make it too long in front. There was alot of activity as all the kids came in singing. Plus RJ was so tired from not taking a nap all day. (I tried for 3 hours, giving him a nap, but he wanted nothing to do with it.) So after he made it to the front of church, he started crying, and ended up sitting with us and watching the service from our seats! He was a good boy!

Here is the card that I gave to the volunteers in RJ's class. It took alot of time, energy, and patience for the volunteers to keep the children busy and to keep track of each of them! I appreciate it so much! RJ had a great time! And it means so much to me to be able to feel peaceful and content about dropping my son off, and to know he is safe and having a good time!

This card is very old!!!! I can't even remember when I created this one. It's one that I created for a class several years ago. I can't remember off-hand the DSP, but the colors are Only Orange and Pink Passion (or was it the old Positively Pink???). I hope you find inspiration in the colors, layout or another element of the card. It is cute!

Have a great weekend!
Karen

No comments: