Sunday, January 4, 2009

Red Gift Bag with Snowflakes

For Christmas, my sisters, my mom and I usually exchange an extra small gift amongst the 4 of us. We were going to get together for lunch before Christmas while all the kids were still in school, and exchange gifts. But things were busy as usual, and it didn't happen. So I decided to give them their gifts yesterday at my sister's birthday celebration. I made my gift bags for them using my Big Shot and Snowflake Die. For the life of me, I can't remember where I got this idea, so I can't give credit to the person who inspired me. I only remember that they used the Big Snowflake on a Kraft bag, instead of red, and their tag was very different. Also, their snowflakes went off the bag, and the edges were cut to the sides of the bag. Here is my version:

I love how the white snowflakes pop off the red bag! I used Whisper White cardstock, then used my Tombow Multipurpose Glue to adhere them to the bag. But then I was thinking (Oh no!!)...I had some white self-adhesive vinyl. So I cut another 3 snowflakes out of the vinyl and put them on one of the bags. It might have been a bit easier then gluing each snowflake, but the flimsy vinyl was a little tricky to keep straight without sticking to the bag. But the vinyl was very forgiving, so that I could pull it up and reposition. So each way was pretty easy. It was probably more time-consuming to adhere the cardstock versus the vinyl.

For the tag, I used So Many Scallops (a Sale-a-bration set from 2008), then punched another Real Red Scallop Circle to offset behind the image. This gift bag is really cute in real life! It was a big hit with my sisters and my mom.

Hope you are having a great weekend! Thanks for visiting!

Karen

No comments: