Saturday, January 24, 2009

My inspiration piece is MIA!

WooHoo!! It's the weekend!! Do you have any fun plans???

One of my favorite blogs that I visit is Dawn McVey's blog. A couple of weeks ago, she had a really cute card that has been stuck in my head since it caught my eye! Well, I finally recreated it and I wanted to show my version to you. When I first went to my stampin' area to start stamping, I thought it might be a good idea to look up the card, because...well, why mess with perfection!!! I had some ideas in my head, but sometimes I get so stuck on where I get my inspiration, I don't know where to start. So I opened Dawn's blog and searched her blog to find the inspiring card...but it was gone!!!! She removed it for publication, which means it's probably going to be in a magazine or something!!! Hooray for her...not so good for me. Soooo...I had to recreate something based on my memory. I'm not sure how close I am, but I really like what I came up with. The concept of the square punched pieces is there, but not sure if anything else is simliar to her creation.

Supplies (by Stampin' Up! unless noted):
Stamps: Sincere Salutations
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP
Accessories: 1-3/8" Square Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch (by Marvy), Clear Buttons, 3/4" Circle Punch, Mini Glue Dots, White Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals

The following card was my warm-up card. When I have an idea that I want to put in motion, I usually start with some of my retired supplies until I like what I create. I really like how both of my cards turned out! So fresh and cheerful!

Supplies (by Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hugs & Wishes
Ink: Versamark
Paper: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Cutie Pie DSP (retired)
Accessories: 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, White Embossing Powder, Clear Buttons, Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Hope you have a great weekend!! Not too much planned here!! Stay warm and get those stampin' supplies out and start stampin'!

Karen

1 comment:

Nancy Riley said...

Whether these are just like Dawn's original design or not, they are AWESOME! This is one great design with so many possibilities! GREAT job!