Monday, May 16, 2011

Come Sail Away!

Hi!  I'm here today to share with you a card that we stamped at my monthly stamp club and my Tuesday morning class for May.  I hosted a swap last month for the Summer Mini Catalog, and I received a great card idea from Linda Grames.  You can see Linda's card in THIS post.

The first card shown below is one that we stamped at my stamp club. Love the colors!!  Nevermind the retired ribbon!  I did not have the striped ribbon that Linda used on her card, so I pulled out a full roll of retired ribbon, that worked perfectly for this card!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Sail Away, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Black, Marina Mist, Markers: Pumpkin Pie & Marina Mist
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Sahara Sand, Pumpkin Pie, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon, Dimensionals

Ok, so I have my Tuesday morning stampin' class the Tuesday after my Friday night stamp club.  I wanted to use this same card that we stamped at stamp club, but wanted to change the colors.  I have a very nice stampin' friend who is in my stamp club and also comes stamp with me on Tuesday morning.  So I thought if I changed the colors, it would be a little different from the card that she stamped at stamp club.  I like how it turned out!!  Take a look...

This is version #1

And here's version #2
Supplies:
Stamps: Sail Away, A Little Birthday Cheer (retired)
Ink: Night of Navy
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Accessories: Modern Label Punch, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Dimensionals

Don't you just love Stampin' Up's Baker's Twine?  Love it!!

So will you come sail away with me!!!  You know that song by Styx???  Come sail away, come sail away, come and sail away with me, ooohh!!  I have been singing it all day!!!  Can't get it out of my head!!

Take care and have a great day!!

Karen

No comments: