Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pretty Tree!

Hi! I saw an idea on Julie's blog, Paper Pleasing Ideas. She used the tall tree from Lovely As A Tree, and stamped a flower on the tree. It was so pretty, so I wanted to recreate her card using Real Red and Sahara Sand. You can see Julie's card here. The tree gets a little washed out by the lighting in the picture, but it really shows up in real life. (I will figure out my camera one of these days!!) But it's light enough to really make the flowers pop!! Julie used the poinsetta from the Christmas Punch Hostess set. I used a Real Red marker so that I only inked up the poinsetta from the stamp. I thought it would tedious and time-consuming to stamp the flower, but it wasn't bad at all. But if you have the Season of Joy stamp set, the little flower in that set will work perfectly for this card!! The DSP is the retired Dashing DSP. I'm sure there are a few of us who have a stash of this paper!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Christmas Punch, Best Yet
Ink: Sahara Sand, Real Red
Paper: Sahara Sand, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Dashing DSP (retired)
Accessories: Silver Brads, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!

Karen

No comments: