Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snowflake Ornament

Hi! I can't even take a little bit of credit for this beautiful ornament!! I saw it here, and thought it was beautiful. So I made one myself tonight. It's going to be a small gift for a special friend, who I will see tomorrow. This special friend is another demonstrator, and I feel very fortunate to have her in my life. If it wasn't for Stampin' Up!, I probably would have never met Rita! She is my side-line (which means we have the same stampin' "mom") and we have so much fun when we get together! Rita has invited me to one of her classes on Sunday. I can't wait to show you the project we will be making! I'll make sure to get it posted as soon as I get home!

Another friend of mine, Kathy, is having her annual ornament party next weekend. I think I might make these ornaments for her party. We bring 2 or 3 ornaments to exchange with her friends at her party. We don't have to make them, but I usually at least try to make the ornament or the gift wrapping. Maybe I'll just do both this year!!!

The ornament is a plain glass ball that you can find at any craft store. The "snow" and "hook" are both from Hobby Lobby. I added a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the "snow". The picture does not do it justice. It's really pretty in real life. I added Bashful Blue and White Taffeta ribbon from Stampin' Up! to the top of the ornament. Oh, I almost forgot! I cut my snowflake out of a white vinyl sheet (also from Hobby Lobby) from the Snowflakes #2 die on my Big Shot.

I hope you are doing well. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Karen

No comments: