Friday, March 16, 2012

Shoebox swap card for Memories on Marshall

Hi!!  Good Friday Morning to you!!!  Today starts the beginning of Spring Break!!  Yay!!!  Not doing too much next week.  RJ is going to a Spring Break Camp.  He is so looking forward to it!!  When he found out that the camp has an XBox and Wii, he was so excited!!  We don't have any kind of gaming system at home, so this is so exciting for him!!  They also have a Bounce House and all different sports activities.  He is going to love it!!

Last month, some of my friends and I went on a weekend getaway to do some crafting!!  We went to a place called Memories on Marshall.  This was our second time there for most of us!!  And we will be back again!!!  The owners are so gracious and they make your stay with them the best!!!  The food is unbelievable!!  Sheryl prepares 5 full well-balanced meals for her guests!  Fresh fruit at every meal!!  I took pictures of all my meals!!  I think some of us go just to be taken care of all weekend!  It's a great feeling!!  Memories on Marshall accommodates 8 crafters.  You can bring anything you want to work on...scrapbooking, stamping, jewelry making, quilting, afghans, or whatever craft you are working on!  Our individual craft stations are set up on the lower level in one room and the bedrooms are on the second level.  It is the perfect little haven for a nice getaway with your friends!  Check it out if you are in or around the St. Louis area.

Each time our group goes to Memories on Marshall, we like to do a shoebox card swap. I haven't taken pictures of the other cards yet, but here is my card that I brought for my friends to make.  I was inspired by Pinterest!  The card on Pinterest really caught my eye, so I changed it up a bit with the supplies I had on hand.  I used some retired DSP (because I have a bunch!).


You can check out the idea for this card HERE.

The flame is actually the wing punched out with the Bird Punch from Stampin' Up!  And the sentiment is from Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess set).  I added a little rhinestone on the exclamation point and some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on the flames!!

Cute card!

Have a great weekend!!
Karen

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ooh, I pinned this one, too! I love your take on it, though. I really like these colors!!