Monday, June 6, 2011

Come Sail Away With Me! Card 3

Hi!!  Hope you are off to a great start to your week!!  Here is another card from my Sail Away class that I held last week.  It is very similar to a card created by Debbie Henderson on Stampin' Connection, an on-line community only for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.  One thing that I did different is that I stitched the Baker's Twine through the Not Quite Navy piece that I punched using my Ribbon Border Punch.  Who would have thought of this???  I didn't, but I'm happy someone else did!!  LOL!  :)  The girls in my class stitched theirs a little different, and I liked their stitching better than mine.  Mine took a little time and patience, by my stampin' girls flew through it by skipping a stitch.  So there was a space after each "X".  Turned out great!!  For the clouds, I used a scallop circle, a sponge and some ink.  I cut out a set of extra sails and adhered them over the "clouded" sails.  I even popped up the one sail to add a little dimension.  I really like how this card turned out!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Sail Away, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy
Paper: Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Top Note Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder Big Shot, Ribbon Border Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Sponge, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Dimensionals

I have 2 more Sail Aways cards to share with you this week!!  Thanks for stopping by!!

Karen

No comments: